Sunday, April 15, 2007

Thoughts from the kids mtgs at North River

I was reading the last 5 chapters of John this morning. I was again just amazed and humbled at how much God loves us. God loves us as much as He loves His Son. Not only this, but He bids us to love each other like He has loved us. I wondered, is it even possible to love others as much as Christ loves us?

I have been helping out with the children's meetings at North River this weekend, and I have been pretty much grief stricken with how little these kids know about love. I have grown up in a home where my parents would die for me if need be. They have given their entire lives to raising Sharon and me and giving us everything we possibly would ever need (and more!). But here are children who have to fight to survive, who cant read or write, who have no hope for a college education and a prosperous future. How sad!! I have been trying to figure out what I could do for these kids. I am only one person. Like Brian Glass was saying last night, as we drove back to the church from dropping the kids off, we couldnt do children meetings like this with just 5 people. It takes a whole army of college students to manage these kids. Think what would happen if the entire college became involved in reaching out to kids like this!

Anyway, just some food for thought for me. I feel like I am doing so little to reach out to others--the field is ripe for harvest, but there are oh so few laborers who have a single minded mission to reach the unreached. Yah yah, I put in around 4 -5 hrs a night into these evangelistic mtgs, and I put in over 40 hrs (at least) into the Health Expo, and blah blah and people say to me "how do you do everything and keep up your 4.0 GPA?" My only response is, I do so little! There is so much more to be done! I bet Jesus is just amazed at our laodiceanness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.