Thursday, July 21, 2005

howdy from HOT Oregon!

Hi all! Time for an update! I have been super busy but things couldnt be going better!!! First of all, I have been doing a training with my school at the hospital. I signed up for 108 hours (14 days) and what i do is go to the hospital and work with a nurse for the length of her shift. I am working on the neurology floor, which is so interesting. We have all the back surgeries, strokes, cerebral brain bleeds, broken backs, and most interesting, the head traumas, and back trauma patients. I absolutely love it! When i started i was taking care of one patient, now i am taking care of up to 6 patients at a time. I have worked with some really awesome nurses as well. The good thing is that they really like me, so i hope that if a job opening comes where i can work the shift (would have to be part time, evening shift) they will offer it to me. :)

In the meantime, I received a job offer at Creswell Care Center for part time LPN position. I accepted the offer. I will be starting work on August 1.

I started taking a history class this week. It is a 4 week intensive class, so it is pretty fast paced. But my instructor is really intersting, so that makes it easier. :) I am really enjoying it.


It has been rather hot here... around 100 degrees. I keep making the mistake of studying outside... (get tired of being couped up all the time inside....lol) and so i seem to keep a perpetual sunburn. I should know better with all the skin cancer lectures that i have received... haha

Life is so interesting!

No comments: