Saturday, May 12, 2007

Gods workings in Arizona

Well, the saga continues! I am not starting preaching until Sunday night cuz my pastor is just finishing a series of meetings today--and he had 21 baptisms today! But he said (through his daughter who is my translator) that he has over 40 people who are interested in baptism! I am really nervous about my series--I feel that there is a lot at stake at this church. The Lord needs to speak there, not me. I just need to be His messenger.

The devil continues to be very furious. He knows how to work too! He has caused so much conflict among our group, and last night I guess there was a big fight among some of the guys of our group late last night in the mens dorm. This caused everyone to be discouraged and down. Man, the devil is clever! If he cant stop us from getting here, he is going to try to keep us from wanting to preach! But, wow, God is incredible! I have seen Him working behind the scenes to encourage, bring people to the meetings, and work to reach people.

Scott Cronin had around 19 people come to his meeting last night, but for sabbath sermon he had around 30-40! An answer to prayer! We have seen the devil attack one of the girls computer and make it not work, but when she prayed over it, ta da! It worked! Pretty amazing!
This is being quite unlike any trip I have ever taken! I wonder what will happen tomorrow at my church when I get there to preach?! Pray for me everyone! It is so hard not knowing a word those spanish people are speaking. It would be really cool if I knew just 5 words of spanish! lol But I know that God is in control, and He is going to do some amazing things!

No comments: